CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nine Years

Its hard to believe that its been nine years since I said "I do". In some ways it seems like just yesterday, in others it seems so long ago. So much has happened in these nine years, most of it wonderful, with a few bumps in the road along the way. But our love for each other has seen us through it all and together we take the good with the bad and the easy with the hard. When I think back over my life I definitely tend to put my memories into different seasons. And as I reflect back over the seasons, I realize that many of them have come to an end. I am no longer a new wife. I am no longer a new, first-time mom. Sad as it may be to leave some of these seasons behind I am looking forward to the seasons to come and I couldn't imagine doing it without my husband by my side every step of the way.

My Husband-
The Father of My Children
The Stealer of My Heart
The Recipient of My Affections
The Keeper of My Joy
The Eater of My Cooking
The Hero of My Love Story
The Subject of My Daydreams
The Tickler of My Armpits
The Poker of My Ribs
The Balancer of My Craziness
The Manager of My Remote Control
The Love of My Life

7 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you. I pray that God will continue to bless your marriage in the years to come. Great post Lisa..

jennie said...

OH, this is sooo good!

And without the bumps, there is nothing to MAKE us see just how amazing all the good is.

Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GIRL!!!
I love the way you categorize your life into seasons...what a great way to express it!
Love definately does amazing things and conquers all if it's strong enough.
Not only are you one amazing mom, wife, daughter, sister and aunt, but you're a HELL of a friend!!!
Love ya!
~Lea

jennie said...

sorry to post again but I just realized that you added "your" song to your playlist and I just had to tell you that I have thought that was one of the most beautiful songs ever since your wedding! So, So amazing!

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary you two! BTW I wrote this a few days ago, but I guess it got lost in somewhere....hmph!! Sorry this one is so late!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a special niece!!
I pray for your continued happiness and appreciation for each other until you at least celebrate your 50th. By that time you will seriously know what they mean when they say,"in sickness and in health, and for better or for worse".
Love to you both,
Aunt Colleen

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Happy Anniversay!