CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Got Laundry?




I doubt an explanation of the above pictures is necessary, I'll just let them speak for them-self's . Why do I allow this to happen? I so hate having the laundry in the basement, its just too easy to dump the dirty cloths down there, shut the door and "forget" about them. My old house had a main floor laundry and I never let my laundry pile up like this. I keep telling myself that its because now there are five of us and back then it was only three. Which I'm sure is partially the truth, because we do go through a god awful amount of cloths, but this is ridiculous!! I did actually have all the laundry caught up a week ago, so I have no idea how we have this much laundry in just one short week??!! So I guess everyone can guess what I will be doing the rest of my afternoon and well into the evening....


(Also just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the prayers & positive thoughts for my Dad. It was a long day for him yesterday, but we were actually up there this morning to see him and he is doing great. He had a couple physical therapist come in this morning and he got out of bed and walked to the window, which is really good. I brought the kids up there so he was glad to see them for a little while. Luckily he didn't have a roommate in his room because it did get a little wild in there with all three of the kids. LOL! )

5 comments:

Lori said...

Laundry is exactly what I have been doing for the last 2 days.
I think it is the one "household duty" that I can just not stand!
I feel like just when you think you have done it all you venture around the house and manage to find another 2 loads to do. Not to mention the steps involved -wash, dry, fold, put away, repeat... Who could ever find joy in that?

Anonymous said...

Laundry. I call it the Laundry monster. Having a family of 6 definitely makes laundry one of my biggest chores but I've found a few little tricks to cut down on it a bit. We've started making kids wear the same jammies two nights in a row instead of a clean pair every night. This works well on cutting down on the laundry a bit except for in the summer when they sweat a lot in their sleep. Jean get worn more than once if they don't get dirty. This doesn't work so much in the spring and summer since they seem to live in the dirt. Also I try to do one load a day and that way you don't walk down to the basement and notice that the dirty laundry is taking over the house. Good luck on catching it up.

colleen fraser said...

testing..having password prob.

colleen fraser said...

Lisa...your too funny!!! Corinne wants her laundry room in the basement so people can't see her laundry pile..I think you do tend to get behind when you know its hidden. Its that way for me. I now have chris doing his own..no job...do your own laundry!!
Talked to your mom tonight and happy to hear your dad is doing o.k.
Love,
colleen fraser

jennie said...

My laundry is also in the basement and we have a shoot that drops it all into a closet. Its actually been full all the way to the top before! However I now have the perfect solution to my laundry situation-Jason does ALL the laundry! I do ALL the dishes. I personally think I got the better end of that bargin!
Glad that everything went so well with your Dad. Keep us posted!